If you’ve ever wondered what kind of companion pet a Chihuahua can really be, we’ve compiled a list of their qualities. Chihuahuas have a reputation for being yippy, snappy, ill-behaved little dogs. We think that’s an unfair and inaccurate characterization, and offer here our reasons why Chihuahuas are our favorite dogs.
Here are the top 12 reasons why the Chihuahua is the best dog breed:
- They come in all shapes, colors, coat lengths, and (small) sizes.
- They are totally loyal.
- They’re very protective of their people & are great watchdogs & guard dogs.
- You’re never alone when you have a Chihuahua – even in the bathroom.
- They don’t eat as much as bigger dogs.
- They don’t poop as much as bigger dogs.
- They can be trained to go on pads and/or outside.
- You can dress them up in cute outfits.
- They’re small enough to carry, sometimes even small enough to fit in a purse.
- They’re curious, active, and very smart.
- They’re adorably funny, silly, and goofy.
- They love us unconditionally.
I’m sure there are other reasons – feel free to add to the list!